Taking Stock

So, here's another post after hibernating for a while. Yaaaaay! \o/ \o/
I mentioned that this is my go-to platform whenever i have an idea that i feel should be shared with the world. I've developed passion for reading posts from blogs like This is Ess, and many other random ones....hence the birth of Taking Stock. So lemme just run through the sequence without much talk.......enjoy!
   
Started: A health journey that has paid off really well. By this i mean that i started working out late last year because i felt that i was very heavy. I literally felt like i was two-in-one and i needed to shed off the 'other person'. Good news...i did it! Jogging + You-tube workout channels were of great help!

Cooking : More Vegetables, especially "mboga za kienyeji". Why, because I grew up eating these and i miss them and also because i decided to adopt healthy living. I don't get to do this often because staying in a hostel doesn't give you the luxury of doing all your abra-cadabra in the kitchen. I have my means though.

Drinking : Water, Water, and more Water.....I have this water bottle that's been my companion everywhere. Ever since i started working out, I live to appreciate water as a free commodity on earth.

Reading: Nothing. I'd say I'm doing more term papers and assignments, no time for books/novels right now.
  
Wanting: A fruit every 5 minutes...i want to keep my mouth busy...with the right stuff, and i opted for fruits instead of eclairs or PK ( is pk good for the body? )....healthy pathway sucks big time, you don't get to eat all the sweet things..but hey, it's worth it..the results??....Awesomeness.
  
Looking:  For ways to get energy to read the Bible more often. I feel guilty that i only read scriptures on Sunday..that's during the sermon. I don't want to distant my relationship with God and so i have to get back on track...he's never left me, so why should i ? 
Wasting: Time watching YouTube clips, subscribing and liking every channel that suits the mood. I need deliverance from this...i really do.

Sewing: Nothing.
Wishing: There were more holidays and more free time, more cash to travel and buy nice things, more Churchil Show's. That mangoes didn't have a season. That Masaai Market vendors weren't too mean with their prices.

Praying: For my beloved country Kenya. We need peace...and oneness. #WeAreOne

Enjoying: Programming. I suck at everything to do with Computing, i mean i didn't even finish the packages after high school, those things were giving me headache! Funny enough, I'm taking this unit in my course; Computer Programming on Friday evening...and I'm really enjoying the coding.

Waiting: For 27th, June 2016, I really want to finish school. Exams are just not my thing...though i crack 'em sometimes.

Liking: My Afro...I love love love it so much....I Keep Calm and flaunt it...i need no relaxer, its never stressed out.

Loving: This is Ess....whoever doesn't love this girl should be locked in a cage full of spiders!

Hoping: To see my nephew more often once I'm done with school. That baby is a darling..! He's grown big now and makes so much noise. I'm a proud aunt!

 
Marveling: At the twists and turns my body has experienced! I adopted healthy living...stayed away from fries (this was hard), ate more fruits & veges, worked out like a machine..and well, lets just say the curves and edges in all of me are tick. (hehehe...John Legend effect).

Wearing: African Prints...not really sure where this obsession came from but i am into lessos, kitenges, earrings...any clothe/item that has good symmetry does it for me.

Following: This girl whose hair i want...might she be one reason why i followed the natural path?? Maybe .Cynthia.

Noticing:  That chopping off my hair wasn't a bad idea at all. I'm loving each and every moment of my natural hair..! See me Here

Knowing: That there's no duplicate of me. That i am building the foundation of my life now. That choices i make now are a big reflection of who i want to be, so being on the right path is basically the baby I've adopted.

Thinking: About how far I've come and how much better i have become...and of course how much God has been there to direct my steps and open doors. There's a future people!!.. the vision is clear...am so positive about it.

Feeling: Very much in love...and loved. I thank God for what i have and who i have it with.

Bookmarking: My Dear Doris, Pen Strokes, Daily Motivator...(got link from This is Ess).

Opening: My heart for more experiences, adventures et al. I just want to put myself out there and go for what make me happy.

Laughing: At the thought of an experience a very good friend of mine had way back in high school. I'll call her M. We had just come from the dining hall, spent the whole afetrnoon watching some guys do a play 'Utengano'..the set-book. Headed straight to have supper at around 7.30 pm, everyone was served with 'githeri'. The taste always made you miss home (extremely tasteless, full of brown soup and weevils)..so most of us would only take the beans. Others would buy bread to make 'sandwich' with the beans. So this particular day, M had saved some four slices of bread and most of us had not. She was the 'queen' at that moment since she had what most people wished for. Some asked for a bite but never got any. Others of course had two slices but devoured them at the table. So M carried her's to class, not as a show-off but to eat while reading during preps time. Now, the teacher on duty was a bad-ass! She had announced earlier that no one was supposed to carry food to the classes...actually i remember it was a rule. Unfortunately, the worst of worsts happened....damn! i cannot forget the look on M's face. (...can't stop laughing at this)...There was noise coming from our class because we had a record of being the most notorious class. T.O.D (Teacher on Duty) abruptly opened the door... i forgot to mention that M's desk was just next to the door. M had her 'sandwich' ready on her hands while everyone was salivating. Then something happened.....I will never forget this day.... i just can't get it out of my system.The TOD grabbed the 'sandwich' and threw it out of the door. It fell on the flowerbed next to the class. To make matters worse...or funnier, it fell so loud you could tell that indeed it was a big chunk. No one could hold it in.....everyone burst out laughing. To make it even more & more hilarious...she was my best friend, dorm mate, laundry mate et al....and her bed was just above mine. That night was crazy! I laughed so hard! Still...on waking up next day, the 'sandwich' was still there in the soil!....Good thing though, she was the tough kind of girl...she laughed it off with us and made it more funny....! How i miss her! I believe she won't crucify me once she reads this. I love you M.


There you have it world.... my first Taking Stock. Who knows..maybe I'll have another soon.

Gracias for reading darling! Tuonane.

XO

Comments

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here...

Popular posts from this blog

ROOFTOP

1 of 4

MY VALENTINE