Taking Stock


So, here I am again with a stock taking post; a continuation of a series I started not so long ago – one that I somehow stopped. Why? Laziness perhaps?! To be honest though, I hadn’t planned for this one either. It’s just that earlier today at work I came across a wonderfully drafted stock taking series from one of my favorite blogs and I got motivated to put up mine! I religiously follow these series from that blog and always look forward to her version of it. Another reason I’d say delayed such a post was procrastination. Yes, that monster! Talk about having unfinished drafts that can’t be published!
See, the thing is that these series really, and I mean really gives you life; they somehow let you get your life in some kind of order and help you figure out where you are, where you plan on being and how you plan on getting there. I marvel at the consistency that said blogger has on her series and as a devoted reader I can clearly note the progress, which by the way is great!
I’ll begin with describing my current setting: It’s exactly 8.08pm EAT, Tuesday 13th October. I’m sitting on my tiny comfortable bed typing this on my survivor HP laptop, which by the way has recurrent battery issues. I have to keep charging it all through because if I remove the charger from the socket it won’t last me as long as I would prefer it to. Waah, So annoying!!  Next to me, on the bed are a pile of books; some novels, my ‘ol Bible, a newspaper and two marketing text books. Not so far from me I’ve placed some sliced onions, pilipili hoho, tomatoes, and garlic in several plates coz I’m in the process of preparing supper too. A pro at multi-tasking you ask? I’m a woman, dah!
That said, I’m:
Making: a choice to not let myself down! No ocean flows smoothly without waves but through it all, I’ll strive to make myself proud of me. I’ll keep my lights on because "there’s nothing worse than having yourself to blame for dimming you own light."
Eating: a very sumptuous meal prepared by yours truly! Yes, I’m done with the cooking and now ‘helping myself’ to a plateful of skillfully fried ndengu and a ‘healthy’ portion of spaghetti. Yum!  


Drinking: the required amount of water for a stable healthy body. The glasses don’t get to 8 in a day but I can proudly report that my water intake has gone up and the skin is shining ya’ll, I’m getting there!
Reading: a lot of journals, articles & books on brands, branding and brand switching. My final year project is based on these. I’m also spending free time on “Still Watch by Mary Higgins Clark” (stuck at page 200/356) and Danielle Steel’s “Irresistible Forces” borrowed from a guard in school today.   
Wanting: to be happy! That being the main goal which was earlier set for 2015.
Playing: Christina Shusho’s “Ninang’ara” on repeat! I don’t know about ya’ll but God has been so gracious to me and the fact that I’m alive typing this is a sign of his unconditional love and for real, nang’ara!
Wasting: no time dwelling on what’s dead and gone. I’m fixing my broken boat in readiness for a journey that will lead me to success. I’ll encounter major setbacks but one thing that keeps me going is that this battle is not mine to fight. He already conquered all at the cross. At his feet, I rest my case!
Creating: time to give back to the society. Juggling between work and school isn’t a joke! The last two years of my life were consumed with both school & work and left me with very little time to giving back. This year however the burden lessened and I get to frequently spend time at HHFL and visit other places in pursuit of making hearts smile.
Wishing: for a good stable life after school.                                                        
Enjoying: every single moment of my workout sessions! The psyche that has overcome my body in the past two months is overwhelming! Keeping fit makes me healthy, active and steers my mood to a wonderful place! I’ve developed discipline with regards to maintaining a healthy lifestyle especially on the kinds of food I eat, how frequent I eat them, what’s good and what’s bad etc. Jogging is the best part of it all – about three times a week from Madaraka (T-Mall area) to Sunshine Secondary School. If you ask me, this is the best stress-reliever!
Liking: my current hairstyle. I decided to try on something new this time and dared myself to take the step. These are called soft dreads, very good for healthy maintenance of natural hair. I asked that mine be plaited and not crocheted; which by the way take less time than plaiting. I bought three packets of the dreads, each going for Ksh. 300 (I’ve never spent that much money on braids – I tried bargaining but they wouldn’t let me have my way).  Jane, my amazing hairdresser from Civo charged me Ksh. 600, the amount totaling to Ksh. 1,500. The final product made my heart skip a beat! “It was worth the money”, I marveled!
 Wondering: how my life would have turned out if I happened to be born, raised and bred from a ‘rich, well-off’ family. Would I have known the importance of humility? Would I accept that there are days where I will lack? Would I have learnt to appreciate other people and accept them as they are - Rich & Poor? Not that these people do none of these. I'm just wondering.
Loving: Scandal Season 5. There’s just too much drama in Empire, no shade! Scandal does it for me this time.
Hoping: to finish my project proposal on time. I need to put in more effort to help kill the boredom that comes with reading many journals; getting nothing helpful. I need motivation!! God avail some!!
Marveling: at nothing.
Smelling: the aroma of the tasteful food I just prepared for supper.
Wearing: black stockings on my head, green socks on my feet and  a long t-shirt ready to head to slumber land in a few.
Following: Graceland the TV Series. I had it from a while back but hadn’t seriously watched it. I started it off on Saturday and it has me hooked since! I’ve finished the 1st season and hunting for Season 2. I love such series , the likes of akina Suits, White Color, Gotham!
Noticing: that I can actually decide on something and stick with the decision I made!  I can’t recall the number of times I’ve made a decision to commit to something but end up screwing the whole plan up. Recently though, I’m detecting a change in attitude towards goals set. I don’t know how long this will last but I’m hoping that I stick to this route – it’s refreshing!  
Knowing: that what doesn’t kill me makes me stronger.
Thinking: about my life in detail and the special people in it. I’m grateful for life, love and laughter. Without these, Kangsy is non-existent. I like it that I have people to call when I’m down & happy too, people to look up to, people who have my back no matter what, people who’ll rebuke me to my face and show me a straighter way. I’m blessed!
Feeling: like this El-Nino hype is just simply that - hype. I don’t think it will be as huge and scary as people expect it to be. Don’t hold me against my word though…tomorrow shall decide on its own.
Bookmarking: Joey's FactoryThe Daily Motivator and Bikozulu.
Opening: Chapter One of Danielle Steels’ “Irresistible Forces.”
Giggling: at nothing.
Feeling:Exhausted! It's 10.32pm…..see how long it took me to write this??
Anyway,good night & Sweet dreams.

Comments

  1. Love love love this post!! :) :)

    First of all...i agree, your new hair style is just fab!! :)
    Christina Shusho's song is also definitely on replay on my playlist and i too marvel at God's goodness and grace in my life. :)

    The stocking on your head and the green socks tho... :) Lol!

    All in all...i celebrate and appreciate you and your awesome writing! :)
    Lotsa love ma'

    Na bado nangojea invite...i wanna eat those ndegu and spaghetti! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe...don't sit there pretending like you don't wear stockings when you sleep wewe! Thanks for passing by dear. Invite bado inaload..hehe its become a song now -pole!

      Delete
  2. wao!very interesting read. i like; double like on 'wondering' and triple like 'wasting' no time...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here...

Popular posts from this blog

ROOFTOP

MY VALENTINE

1 of 4