Taking Stock...

'Just do it. ~ Nike'

Pressure was the topic I gave the last blog-post and alas! pressure's been on my neck like those black chokers on teenagers' necks! It's tough out here. Adulting's proving to be so freaking hard, I want to opt out of the subscription already! So much to do, so little time, zilch resources! Who's acing this life? ...because I ain't! They never gave us a manual for this back in school. Tiffany Haddish would say 'She Reeaaady!"...but man, I ain't nowhere near ready, anyway lemme take stock regardless!

Having difficulties coping with how expensive life in Nairrobery is! One can't keep up. Everything's upscaling. The economy's now showing us the middle finger more openly and even if a man's gotta do what a mans gotta do, there's new challenges every other waking day. Imagine smokies are now 30 bob, I got my feelings hurt deeply when I learnt of this new development! I kennot keep up!  

Making a checklist of the things that i have actually managed to achieve from the resolutions I had initially set for myself when the year began. How's it going Miss Kangwato? Please don't even ask. Cha muhimu ni nini?.....Uhai my frennn.

Eating nothing as I type this but I have a deep craving for that Delamere fruit yoghurt, vanilla flavored. Lakini hio kitu unakunywanga halafu unaingia tu kwa depression instantly ju unasota hapo hapo, LOL. 120 bob!! Who cursed this ekonomy??

Wanting and deeply seeking peace of mind in all dealing I include myself in! I can sum this up by saying that I'd rather take up a job that pays me $400, has a boss that understands I am human, believes in my ability to learn and grow and understands that I need time-out once in a while THAN earn $700 on a job that has bosses who feel great having their corporate donkey around, don't give me leave days and have modern slavery written all over their company deals! Your health matters, keep you first at all cost!

Drinking less water since it's pretty hard to keep up the 'healthy journey'! I was just reading some of the Stock Taking posts I wrote on here some time when I was in campus. Wow, that girl was something else, working out and taking 8 glasses of water ...waaaau, where did that girl go? Must've been nice to be her. Let me just assure her that I'll get back there soon!

Reading tweets. Hilarious right? I have several e-books on my list of to-read items but time's really been an issue. Twitter's been accompanying me lately but I want to go back into physical books and revamp the life-outta-social-media that I've been creating recently.

Playing some Ella Eyre as I write this. She re-did the 'We don't have to take our clothes off' song and her rendition is out of this world. Her voice?? I was hooked from the first day I heard her on her 'Comeback' single.

Creating less but plans are underway for more. I have several plans of making more kitenge bracelets for sale but right now there are several things I want to put in place then re-embark on that. One thing that I'm most proud of with that mini-business of mine is that I started shipping abroad. I made some sales for a client in US and the process wasn't as hard as I initially thought it would. #GodsPlan

Wishing for a smooth rest of the year. The first quarter has been quite okay but it got to some point and things started racing towards me. The pressure that built up within the past two months were unbearable but things are looking up and for that, I remain indebted to God.

Loving, Enjoying & Liking The Red Table Talk by the Smiths. Jada Smith, her mom and her daughter Willow have been sharing some real talk on their Facebook page and those videos are life!!!! I just love how real Jada is and how open she is to letting the world in on her struggles and joys as a wife, friend and parent in Hollywood. Other than that, there's also guests that she invites to share stuff. My best episode with a guest is one she and Gabriel Union made-up ---- that was something I can re-watch for life!

Hoping for a smooth transition into the next phase of my life. I have really grown, literally and figuratively. This is especially in my field of work. The experience that I have gotten over the last one year in my line of work has been nothing but amazing. I have then opened myself up for new challenges and is more than ready to take this journey on! #GodsPlan

Marveling at how life changes within seconds! The person that I was last year, last month and the person that I am now are two people who would recognize major differences in each other. Do I miss the 2017 Mercy? No, I do not. I love this current babe and I am extremely excited to see what and who she grows into.

Following my heart brain. I'm scratching heart out because it's turned out to be the most misleading part of my body, no...my existence! I applaud all those people who follow what their heart says, it's a skill, a skill that has brought more sorrow than joy in this my life. So going forward, the only thing I will depend on while making decisions is my brains...but that's not to say that I will not in future learn to follow what the heart says.

Noticing that life's really REALLY for the living! I cannot emphasize this enough y'all! Every day this life keeps showing us how things pass by so quick. People leave, people die...it all happens so fast and while we're fixated on its quick flow, we forget to live, we forget to enjoy the moment, we forget to allow ourselves to feel the thrill of the moment, to just say 'Well, it's not so much of an achievement, but it's still an a achievement anyway!' Speak out when you can, tell them you love them when you still have breath, LIVE now...don't postpone that fun. JUST DO IT.

Thinking about calling my small bro to ask whether he's finished homework. That boy is a piece of work...but then again, Mercy's a beast when triggered!...hio homework imalizwe ama aende atafute mahali ataishi, LOL

Adios mi Amigos!

Comments

  1. Growth Mama! All I see here is growth! In your writing, your personality, your career...I'm proud and so happy!! Keep on! And yes to #GodsPlan and living life! This was a beautiful one! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey beautiful, Thank you for your kind words and for your support - always! Up and Forward, remember? Thanks again!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here...

Popular posts from this blog

ROOFTOP

1 of 4

MY VALENTINE