THE BLUE SKIRT

This is a 9 year old pikcha ❤. I was in form 4 North at the time, Mr. Muchiri's classπŸ“š. This was a borrowed blazer, mine never fit this well πŸ˜‚. The skirt, well below the knee & 'acceptably tight' had been soaked in one famous 'blue bleach' that was very hard to acquire but once you had it you automatically became the Dangote of the school; just rich enough to attract more 'friends'.

After bleaching the skirt, the routine would be that you take it to the hanging lines to dry kidogo tu.. (while seated not so far away keeping watch vigilantly because taking your eyes off it for one second would mean getting it a new owner πŸ˜‚). The rate at which uniforms, cups, spoons and buckets went missing was very alarming, you'd think Kariamiti had training sessions on the timetable for students. 😲

The skirt was thereafter neatly folded and put under the mattress weeks prior to the d-day. The mattress would give it a brooding feel because as you slept on it, it got ironed; one crΓ¨me de la crΓ¨me life hack if you ask me πŸ˜†πŸ‘ You'd pick it up the night before and your reaction, just like that of Flaqo's Baba Otis character, would be: "Maaaajabu!" 😲😲
This particular day was Visiting Day, one of the memorable ones I had. My brother showed up with his entire crew and brought the house down, without apologies πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

This, is a trip down memory lane.
****
I have several old photos I want to tell short stories about in the wittiest of way possible (on my FB, IG & on here). I think my writing & story telling juice is slowly being re-ignited by staying home & social distancing. As is my usual style of writing, I'll use the simplest English known to me - and add some slang & swa to make it all juicy, πŸ₯³. I'll call this series 'Way Back When' abbreviated as 'WBW'. This is the 1st story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROOFTOP

MY VALENTINE

1 of 4