WHAT IT DO BABYYYYY?

What it do babyyyyyyyyy???? 😊😊😊

In case you don't know the specific reference where that slang came from, do not panic. You're still a youngin' and life is moving on swiftly for us all same way Kahwi Leonard throws his shots when he plays for L.A Clippers. I googled that last part. I wanted to sound smart. Don't we all? There lies the hint to the slang origin though.

How have you been dear reader?

You wanna know something? You being here is so fascinating to me because we're currently in a season where attention is drawn mostly to pictures and only a select number of people actually click on a link to read a blogpost. Gone are the days when we'd log onto the internet to read write-ups that either don't have some alarming picture attached to it or a click-bait title that has number 6 that will leave you shocked. Your being here represents the lower percentage of humans still holding onto the beautiful world of writing and maybe of physical books still being a thing. Thank you for being here. No, really - you're dope!

Talking of physical books. Are you currently reading any? Care to share which? I set a target for myself this year, same way I did last year and the year before that. Since the year started, I've only managed to read one out of a possible ten. There's a lot that I am currently handling and I've found it hard to set aside time to read anything. I am hoping that when the dust settles, I'll reach out for a cool 2nd African read and get lost in it. 

This is the first post I'm putting up this year and as its title casually put's it, it's more of a check-in kind of post. I hope that while reading this, the pace of the two months we've covered hasn't kicked your butt as it's been kicking mine! We are just 55 days in and boy do I just need a time-out! Usually when I find life to be going at a fast pace I try to sit and give a name to the emotions I'm feeling. Things have gotten so overwhelmingly crazy I realized that I haven't been doing that to the emotions that come as a result of dealing with a lot. I should put a disclaimer here that the 'crazy' I'm referring to is the 'good crazy' 😊, lest I start getting concerned calls asking "Who do we need to beat today?" πŸ˜‚. I also figured that the main thing that's occupying my mind most now is something I'd not quite prepared for mentally so I'm learning to walk through it's unknown territories. It's very exciting and daunting at the same time but one thing for sure,  it's making me learn that I ain't really that much of a 'works well under pressure' kind of person. I'll go ahead and edit out that lie on my CV, you should too πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

I'm a memory collector. I love taking pictures and creating memories and keeping them saved safe on the cloud for future. I'm one of those people who buys extra space from google for their Drive to have more space for videos. When life's being Usain Bolt, I like to look back at these memories and replay them in my mind. I especially like those where I know I was having a really good time. They give me hope that even though today seems a little misty, tomorrow's gonna be a bit clearer and better days lie ahead. This particular picture reminded me of such a time.

Every time there was a trip being planned around hiking and/or nature related, I used to always ask whether the trips were going to get us to the ‘equator’ . Pictures taken at this place used to really fascinate me and I planned in my head to one day take a picture here too. You can imagine my excitement when an opportunity to do exactly that came up weeks ago. We got to the town but I insisted that we had to drive down to that sign and take THEE PICTURE; one I could brag with when adventurers are collectively showing off places they’ve touredπŸ˜† .

There’s no specific reward I got for doing that. It just really felt great to be able to tick off something I’d considered very solid on my bucket list. While on the same trip, from a good distance, I got to watch the beauty that is Mt. Kenya. Simply taking that one good shot at this location and watching the mountain across gave me hope that that too (Climbing it ) is still an achievable dream.

It might take longer to achieve but I know that it’s gonna happen, one way or the other. In the meantime, I’ll keep on manifesting it till the day I’ll be at its foot setting ground for an exciting few days of climbing & allow the excruciating cold around it dig deep into my skin. How exciting?! 😬. 

I know I can & I will.

That said, I hope to meet you here next time. Maybe we'll share a virtual cup of coffee and talk about nothing serious in particular? Like I've done on this post?

Cheers! 🍹🍹

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROOFTOP

MY VALENTINE

1 of 4