2019

In 2019, I turned 26 , visited & kissed a giraffe at Giraffe Centre, hiked all 7 hills at Ngong Hills – twice, went on several nature walk escapades at Ololua, went zip-lining at Machakos w/girls from my former High School, travelled to Voi then later to Mtwapa for a girl’s trip, learnt how to ride a bicycle at Karura Forest, went on an exciting ​​road trip to Hells-Gate Naivasha for my birthday, improved on my writing (Blog) & maintained consistency with posts, facilitated team-building activities w/Trio Magik at Arboretum, Limuru & TGRV Mai-Mahiu.

I applied & got my EAC passport – which I hope to one day use – inshallah, participated in the Mater Heart Run (4th time in a row), missed my annual StanChart marathon coz I was broke like a burukenge, consistently worked out & tried drinking my fair share of water – so basically I stayed hydrated for the better part of the year – or not , did some outreach work – not as much as I’d wanted & want to do this year, saw our last born to completion of high school w/my sister, went to Bungoma for the first time for a Work Camp – learnt how to make building bricks, made a lot of friends while there, celebrated a work anniversary, revived my kitenge side hustle, got lazy with it after a while then brought it back up again, made more kitenge bracelets, met some fun people, wasted time on the internets.

I kept an active journal, laughed a lot, cried a little, discovered that I REALLY love traveling & all things nature, learnt that outdoor stuff excite my soul, read 2 books/novels only despite setting plans to read one novel a month, managed to pay rent all year, struggled to maintain a savings account – WIP, paid bills on time, stayed more active on Twitter, took a break from active Marketing & Sales, got addicted to Twitter, walked out of the addiction like a bawse, paid attention to personal budgeting, discovered the gem that is YouTube Family Vlogs, stayed more present with my health, watched less TV, paid zero attention to politics, desired to go back to school but lacked funds, stayed grateful regardless. 

In retrospect, 2019’s highs outweighed the lows and I know the reason behind this is probably how every time during my low moments I’d call a meeting with myself, talk through things alone, dust off and bounce back like I never left. Personal lesson: You’re in charge of your happiness! 

I’m a ‘write your goals down on paper’ kinda person so I have them journaled already and I hope that the year comes through for me. Other than keeping up with the already set pace, the personal buzz word that’s being chased by me this year is #BeIntentional – meaning that I want to be more purposeful in word and action, live a life that is meaningful and fulfilling to me, make thoughtful choices in life, actively interact and engage with all aspects of my life & wake up every day and ask myself, “ How am I going to make this day great?” I want to respond instead of react, love instead of fear, embrace instead of expect & accept instead of resist.

So wassup 2020, shall we begin?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROOFTOP

MY VALENTINE

1 of 4